I am one of those people who likes to do everything right from my iPhone. If at all possible, I will avoid the desktop computer like it’s the plague. So when I got word that Dropico Mobile (developers of Filter Mania, Facebook Cover Designer and of course, the design team behind of our blog) released CaseApp for iPhone, I’m sure there was a resounding squeal of excitement heard around the world. I’m a huge fan of FilterMania, therefore I dove head first into CaseApp. This is the first physical product from Dropico Mobile, and I look forward to many more!
Cue the Video!
Sagi Hirsh, Dropico Mobile’s Co-Founder shared a few words about CaseApp. “With CaseApp, we focused on creating a platform to showcase the creative photos individuals have been sharing across the various social networks. We felt there had to be an easier way to print pictures on physical products and have them shipped straight to their front door. We believe that CaseApp offers an easy to use and inviting solution to achieve this.”
Sagi is right. The interface is fun and exciting while maintaining a a creative way for iPhoneographers to get more out f their images without being scared off by the design process. CaseApp is unique in that it allows users to create personalized iPhone 4/4s cases, using your own photos mixed with photo themes. If you don’t care for a theme, no worries. It’s an option there for those who want it. The fabulous part is that you can do everything from your iPhone and have the case shipped straight to your front door. And the fully rendered 3D preview ? It’s out of this world! Within minutes, you will have produced your own fabulous photo on an eye-catching iPhone case!
Creating Your Custom CaseApp:
- Choose a photo directly from your camera roll.
- Slide, tilt and shift the picture to fit perfectly.
- Get creative by selecting from one of 20 themes that range from water, nature, tech, fun, kids, retro, and classic.
- View your image in 2D and 3D prior to ordering. This part is way too cool!
- Tap the “Order Now” button and enter your shipping details.
- Your CaseApp is shipped straight to your front door within 3-5 business days.
I had a blast creating my custom case. I loved that Dropico Mobile took advantage of technology and used the 3D viewing capability. Additionally, the swipe, spin and pinch features they incorporated are all techniques that come natural to iPhone users. More app designers should follow suit and apply these features as the standard!
Follow These Simple Steps:
1. The opening screen will guide you through the process
2. Upload and position your image
3. Use the resize, rotate and move features to get your photo in the perfect position. I absolutely love that CaseApp incorporated these pinch, slide, and swipe features. As you can see, I almost went with this funky flower image, but opted for a family photo instead.
4. If your image doesn’t fill the crop box correctly, you’ll get a message to make some adjustments. Simply reposition your photo and you’ll be good to go!
5. Choose from one of their fun design themes (water, nature, tech, fun, kids, retro, and classic) to add a little pizzazz to your case. You can preview what the theme looks like and simply X out of the the option if you don’t want it.
6. View your order in 2D and 3D. Did I mention this is FUN, FUN, FUN!? You can spin your case to view how the images wrap around both sides of case, ensuring the best photographic finish possible! FABULOUS!
7. All done? Click order and enter your shipping details. Seconds later you will get an email confirming your order. Let CaseApp do the rest. Your fully customized case will be at your day before you know it!
Wish List (Short & Sweet):
- A “SAVE FOR LATER” feature would be great. I’d love to create a few custom cases and then be able to retrieve the image to order at later date.
Device Requirements & Availability:
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later
- CaseApp 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
Just For You!
About Nicky Sanford
Nicky Firment Sanford is a self taught photographer specializing in iPhoneography.
Finding inspiration through her daily surroundings, you will see her coastal lifestyle come through in her work. Sunsets, sailboats, and silhouettes are her favorites to shoot. She is the momma to two growing boys and a proud military wife. Her personal website is www.thephotomomma.com and on Instagram @thephotomomma